if you’re a girl and you call everyone “bro” you need to stop because you sound unattractive and stupid
if you’re a person who thinks someone shouldn’t be allowed to use certain words because of their gender you need to stop because you sound unattractive and stupid
polyamory exists it’s not cheating on people it’s a consent to multiple people in a relationship thank u
With ‘consent’ being the key word.
You are not polyamorous if any party isn’t aware that there are more involved; you are just an asshole.
Hello friends! Many of you have felt very upset lately. This is a list of resources you can keep track of to try to cheer up. I hope it helps!
- Anxiety Self Help Masterpost
- Calming Manatee
- Cute yahoo answers
- Guided relaxation
- The thoughts room
- The quiet place
- Have a hug!
- Healthy alternatives masterpost
- Learn a new hobby masterpost
- Play Tetris
- Breathing exercises
- Go somewhere new
- Emergency compliment
- Having a bad night
- Talking about mental health
- Relax playlist
- Another relaxing playlist
- Reward yourself with kittens while you write!
- Stress analyst
- Coffee shop sounds (Help corgi found this most effective with calm music in the background!)
- Nature sounds
- More nature sounds
- Drown out other noises (more sounds!)
- If you like the sound of rain
- Draw something silky!
- Cut something (blood tw, woof!)
- Play some more cute games
- Break something (loud noise)
- Paint a nebula
- Self injury recovery
- Vent online here or here.
- Have an mobile application for anxiety!
If you or someone you know is at risk for suicide:
As an adult I can confirm that this is a grownup thing that grownups do
A World Globe Made Out of Thousands of Individually Painted Matchsticks
part of me appreciates the art and part of me wants to set it on fire
you’re the kind of man that just wants to watch the world burn
Well he missed a pretty god damn big one didn’t he
u fucked up, Tony
u fucked up big time
you had one job, Tony
what if he did find it though?
what if after the avengers, he just archived the data, fully intending to look at it all later, and then kind of forgot about it because he was too busy trying to tinker his trauma away?
what if after iron man 3 he got bored one day, went through his data banks, found all this damning evidence, and figured it out?
what if he found out during winter soldier and tried to contact someone, but steve and natasha were already underground, fury was faking the dead, hill was with fury, coulson and his team were being held hostage on the plane, clint was nowhere to be found, thor was in asgard, and bruce was on vacation in hawaii?
what if he couldn’t do anything about it because he’d gotten rid of all the suits?
what if he was building one from his old files and going to try to do something about it, but then jarvis brought up the news and all he could do was sit there and watch the helicarriers fall because as good as his tech was, it still couldn’t finish the armor fast enough for him to help?
what if he knew but he couldn’t do a thing to fix it?
I now accept this as canon
do u know how hard it is to love a character that’s an asshole on a regular basis knowing that they’re an asshole and they’ve done asshole things but whenever u look at them u are just like. wow. u asshole. i love u. but u. are an asshole
I know a lot of people have their reservations about this show and therefore won’t give it a chance and so I’m just going to talk about what I personally enjoyed about the pilot episode and you can still choose to not give it a chance or whatever, it’s totally up to you. :) But this is what I liked about “Faking It”
- Having characters (or specifically one in particular) that don’t start all confidently gay. I feel like one reason fans of shows won’t believe a character could be anything other straight (e.g. Emma Swan in OUAT) is that most television shows that have gay/lesbian characters introduce them as such. This is fine and all, but it gets us in the mindset that sexual fluidity doesn’t really exist, like a character is either GAY or STRAIGHT from the very beginning and that is IT. In Faking It this is not the case and I think it could be really good for people to see that.
- Amy Raudenfeld and the countless lesbian/gay viewers who can relate to her. In kind of tandem with my last point, it’s great to have a character who just assumed she was straight (because that’s what our society has named the default to be) until BAM she kisses her best friend and she begins questioning and discovering that that may not be the case. And I think so many of us go "OH MY GOD. THAT IS/WAS ME."
- RITA VOLK (as Amy). Yeah this doesn’t need much explaining. Rita Volk is amazing and I can’t wait to see more of her.
- The idea of this tolerant, accepting student body. I know some people find it completely unrealistic, but in my opinion, that’s kind of what’s great about it. It’s cool for me to see and experience something I and VERY few people get to have. It’s really great and kind of comforting to see this sort of “flip-flopped” world that turns stereotypes on their heads.
- The show’s really freaking hilarious. I’ve watched the pilot countless times now and I still laugh like crazy.
- Balancing the unrealistic with the realistic. The show doesn’t take itself too seriously as it shouldn’t because it is a twenty-something minute long romantic comedy on MTV and so it’s not going to be this epitome of realism and a really depressing reflection of LGBT issues that REALLY DO need attention. However, that’s not what this show was created for. It’s supposed to be something that kind be bittersweet and cute and not something that’s going to remind you of how shitty your life is and all the issues that you and others constantly deal with everyday. TV/film can and are a way for people to escape from that and maybe find something to help themselves get through their weeks a little bit easier.
I just had an idea for a novel
it’d be called Everybody Dies (a story about High School, Drama, and the Scottish Play)
and the first line would be:
Most of the time, when people compare a relationship to Romeo and Juliet, they’re trying to be romantic. Around here, it’s an a point of reference for the death count.
and the last one would be:
I wish I could say that my last words were something dramatic, like "You’ll pay for this!”, but in reality, well…
I slid down the wall a bit. “Who stabs anybody nowadays?”
me starting to like someone
So, time for an actual fact:
Studies have shown that if the school week was shortened students’ health would improve by 90% and they’d do better on big test.
I really want help spreading this to school boards, school is on of the main reasons students are sad and stressed.
can someone source this cause no one will buy it if the only proof is a tumblr post.
This week on Tumblr:
It’s a metaphor. You’re a metaphor. I’m a metaphor. Your keybord is a metaphor. Everything is a metaphor. The universe is turning into one giant metaphor on a molecular scale. Run. It’s too late.
Ok. So the Harry Potter fandom is one of the largest there is here on this website. And we’ve been starved of books and films for
way too fucking longquite a few years. Now there is a massive fan film coming up, for those of you who don’t know, called The Gathering Storm. It’s a film based in the Marauders era. From what I’ve seen, it’s looking really really good, and the cast is PERFECT. But here is the thing. They need $40,000 by Tuesday, April 22, 2014. If they don’t get it by then, this probably won’t happen. So I’m begging all those of you who can, to DONATE. If you can’t donate, atleast reblog this post so more people can know of it.
I’m calling on all of you Potterheads for your support, because I know this is a massive fandom, and we can really help this happen.
Come on you guys, if tumblr can get someone a fluffy chicken, we can definitely make this happen.
DONATE IF YOU CAN AND REBLOG REBLOG REBLOG AND WE MIGHT HAVE A FANFILM SOON.
Come on you guys, just 12 days left!